Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Still Fantasy?


1. Talented

2. Great Musician

3. Superb Song Writer

4. Tantalizing Rapper

5. Consistent Performer

Just who am I talking about? Hah... Sure most of you would have known already by the first 2 posters right? Well, he's none other than a person whom I really admire for his talents and ability to write songs and record in such a superb way. If you're a musician, you'd understand what I mean when I say that his songs and music is very full. Indeed, the music itself keeps me listening and listening to it.

It's been 6 albums now and in each of them he boasts of at least a song that has "Chinese" flavour and most of these songs are the most popular ones in his albums. Now with the latest "Still Fantasy" album out; there are more "Chinese flavoured" songs and for once he has tried to sing more slow songs which are quite nice too. Way to go Jay.....=P

Well, he talks a lot about his life in his songs. It is indeed touching to hear him sing about his grandmother and mother. This time is a song entitled "ting ma ma de hua". Translated is "listen to mothers words. I think he is very close to the maternal side of his family.

He has come up a long way and acknowledges that he won't be famous for long in one of his songs (hong mo fang). I believe he is on top of his career as a singer, song writer and musician now. So many people look up to him and I'm just amazed of what a person 5 years older than me can become. Haha...

In a nutshell, he is an inspiration to me as a song writer and music lover. I sure would like to do my own recording someday, hopefully. Lastly, his songs are indeed "STILL FANTASY"!!! Don't you agree with me? =P

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuiyoh...someone has a blog! Ahaha..semangats!

Ehehehe.. :P

9/12/2006 06:46:00 PM  
Blogger Andrew Au said...

ehehe... Just a baby blogger who needs cheh-cheh's coaching. So many things I still dunno...lolz...=P

9/12/2006 07:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay... Jay rocks...!!!!

9/12/2006 09:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Youhhhhhhhhh!!!!! My roomate is the best!!! Dun play play he also know how to blog. hehe Somemore very bersemangat!!!! Well done

9/12/2006 10:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha..cool..another blog to read..i am an active 'blog surfer' haha..so u can be sure i will come in and check out what u write every now n then.. :) not the kind who always leave comments tho.. hehe..but will try la just to let u noe that there are ppl checkin out ur blog.. :P yeah.make sure u semangat not fer a short while onie lah yeah..hehe..unlike me..i started the friendster blog when i opened the acc recently but now like takde mood wanna write redi :P anyways..this is more like essay redi..no more a comment..haha..k k..chiaoz.take care yah.have a safe trip home. (",)

9/14/2006 04:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe..sorry leh..forget to write who was it. susien ere..aka susian aka suzy aka suze..and a whole bunch of names ppl have called me! :)weh, i post this redi arr..u delete it after dat ok! haha..

9/14/2006 04:45:00 AM  
Blogger Andrew Au said...

suzy : Hey, hey... Thanks for the er..hem (comment). When you leave a comment, you can tick the "other" column. Just enter your name and click "publish your comment" and then your name and comment will be published together. You also must bersemangats guitar yea...=P

9/14/2006 10:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo...!
Haha.. From this entry, I can see that you are a fanatic fan of Jay Chou. Haih, you need more energy to convince me that he is a good singer, songwriter, actor, etc, etc :P
Oh ya, Thanks for inviting me here... Haha.. bit funny, but it's cool. Can know you more... Gampateh!

9/15/2006 11:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yahoo...great blog!

9/15/2006 08:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuiyoohhhH someone sudah ada blog... hahah check mine yahh...
www.xanga.com/christinetanpc

9/18/2006 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger Andrew Au said...

Liloy : I'm sure one day you'll love him. He has changed a bit in his music genre. There really are more slow songs now.

*Chris* : Hehe... You noticed. Well, yea; I do check your blog now and then. Thanks for the invitation though...=P

9/21/2006 09:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home