Tuesday, August 21, 2007

In between

Graduation is just around the corner. Just one more semester before the actual test of the "real" world. So many questions ringing in the head. Looking back is a revelation of missed opportunities and failed attempts. However, there is comfort in seeing those little successes that spiced up the process thus far. At the present is yet a question mark of uncertainties. So much have changed eversince. Lifestyle, involvements, accomodation, friends, hobbies and commitments. Who would have guessed that life would take a 360 degree turn. Attempts to predict the future only go as far as a few years and not beyond that. A stable job in the city whilst saving for further education (Managerial Psychology/Clinical Psychology). Somehow, nothing is clear, needless to say definite.
What is the path that I should take?
Which direction should I face?
Another song I wrote approximately 1 and a half years ago:
Everytime when I just want to try
There's always hindrances that come and go by
And when I thought I could make things right
There just seems to be nothing inside
Lord teach me what to say
Lord lead me all the way
There is no one I believe (Coz I only wanna believe in You)
There is nowhere I could turn (Coz I only wanna turn to You)
There is no one I could long for (Coz I only wanna long for You)
My God and king
It's funny that it's when things are not going right, inspiration and creativity comes. Must such incidences happen only then can songs be written? Hopefully there'll be happier times for joyful songs.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

scary, isn't it? am nursing the end-of-chapter blues as well, heh. guess time will tell where we'll all head to, but in the meantime, not knowing what lies on the other side makes it kinda mysterious, exciting. who woulda thought all that's happened these years would happen back then? guess it'd be the same if we were to look back in 5 years time and think back at this moment. pretty similar revelations, but a little more grown up :)

oh, i've heard this saying a long time ago that if the world's a happy place, there won't be art. and that there's no such thing as a happy artist. hehe, that's kinda depressing tho.

8/22/2007 02:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home