Friday, August 17, 2007

Untitled

(If I asked you to pray,
would you pray for me...
If I asked you to say,
would you say it to me...
And if I tell you what's behind my mind,
Would you get up and walk away...)
A chorus I wrote more than a year ago...
It didn't make sense then,
it makes no sense now too...
(There are many failed compositions too, these 9 years.)
(Hope that one day one song will finally succeed)
(Education is one thing, career is one thing and passion is yet another thing)
Like what one of my friends, Kelvin would say - follow your passion!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea man. i think that education's compulsory, the first step. and if passion can fuel career and vice-versa (they can be two things in its entirety), even better. best if passion's part of one's career. and i don't think that's impossible for any of us, y'know? :)

there's no such thing as a failed composition, man. it may not make sense now, but who knows if it comes in handy in 5, 10 years' time? important thing's to do what your heart tells you to. and if the head tells you to stop, then opt for surgery and remove the head. i'm serious. haha.

passion is really one of those fragile things that can move grounds, sculpt mountains and ultimately, change lives, yours and others. money can never come close to buying it. keep on working and learning man, and i bet you my balls your compositions are gonna make it :)

8/18/2007 04:51:00 AM  
Blogger Andrew Au said...

K: Thanks so much for believing in me. I guess you've gone much farther by following your passion. Lots to learn from you man.

8/20/2007 11:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home