Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The storm that past

All wondering what happen on the fateful 27th of November?

It was my final presentation for my dissertation in UCSI. It also marked the last time I presented in front of my classmates and lecturer.

I did something really different from the others. I used a house as a metaphor to relate to the process of doing research. I had added in some jokes and queer actions to lighten up the mood of the audience although some might think it was all "Krap".

To me, I did a satisfactory job as I saw areas in which I could have improved on. However, I've received a number of praises for the way I presented. It was great to be out in front although my heart was beating faster than a bullet train prior to my turn.

Well, to top it all off; I wished all my classmates the best of luck in their future undertakings as I wouldn't be seeing them often already. Graduation and working life is just around the corner. As I type this, I really feel a little empty and I truly miss my times in UCSI. I always believe that every river crossed brings us closer to the destination and every mile traveled is always worth the effort.

The road taken must be remembered,
Watching closely at each intersection,
Even in times when I was severed,
I know that someday there'll be relevation.

The end comes scary as it draws near,
With many directions and various crossroads,
Although my heart is gripped with great fear,
I wouldn't cease even if I have to carry loads.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the end of a chapter opens up another one. great times we all had. but that don't mean we lose touch. hope to see you soon, andrew. hehe.

11/28/2007 01:50:00 AM  
Blogger Andrew Au said...

K: Of course we won't lose "touch" haha... Not literally...See you soon too.

11/28/2007 01:10:00 PM  
Blogger Josephine said...

Reminds me of...

"A new chapter begins for us..."

Except change the us to YOU :)

11/29/2007 08:14:00 AM  
Blogger Andrew Au said...

Jojo: Yup, a new chapter awaits.

11/29/2007 09:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home