Monday, September 29, 2008

Geramnya...

Went all the way to a particular branch just to get my e-banking password done. I thought I would have good service and being a staff of the company, I expected to see good signs. To my dismay, the other extreme happened.

I went in and felt like what my boss would call a "dungu". There werent any signs saying where the CSRs are. The first people I saw as I stepped into the compound was the BSE and PFE and the QMS machine was there as well. Is it supposed to be there with them and not the CSRs? Then I took my number and while waiting, I saw 2 guys wanted to remit funds. One to India and the other somewhere else. Both of them were holding WU forms. I chose to stay on to see who would conduct their transaction after I've done mine.

First disappointment. Drove 10 KM to get my e-banking replacement done and the CSR told me that the e-banking "dah habis". Is there really such a thing as "dah habis"? I really doubt so.

Second disappointment. This guy with the WU form waited for his turn and went to counter 4. The lady at counter 4 exclaimed "Oh, untuk WU kena pergi ke Kaunter 14". I wonder why she doesn't want to do it. By right, every teller has the access to WU. If there is only one teller who can do it, then should have set up a special remittance counter or at least let this poor guy know in the first place that WU money transfer can only be done at counter 14.

Third disappointment. The poor guy got to counter 14 and waited for his turn and when the lady at counter 14 served him; she asked him to go to counter 16, which is the CSRs counter to get his Mykad photocopied and go to counter 12 after that instead. What nerve to ask the customer to do so when by right, the teller should be the one serving the customer professionally.

Fourth disappointment. He went back to counter 12 to get his transaction done. He took out his form plus the photocopy of Mykad and presented it to counter 12. The "man" this time continued to key in the particulars into the system. However, when this poor guy took out some USD to pay for the money transfer, the "man" at counter 12 told him that WU cannot be done using USD, it must be in RM. What nonsense again. Your customer is here not knowing how to remit and you just tell him that it cannot be done? What nonsense. He did not even try to help the customer in solving the foreign exchange difficulties or provide any solution. This poor guy went off dejectedly and I approached him just to find out what exactly was happening. That's why my story is so detailed. He and I went to that particular branch hoping to get things done but ended spending our time wasted at the mercy of the so called "good service". I'm really disappointed.

Is this how we treat our customers in the service industry? Shame on us who consider ourselves even professionals when the most basics of courtesy is not even produced. Shame on us who call ourselves staff of this company when we don't even try to do our best in our daily worklife.

3 Comments:

Blogger weiwayk said...

PANJANG LEBAR....

^^ WW

10/11/2008 12:36:00 PM  
Blogger Andrew Au said...

WW: Hey, heard that you are back to "eepoh" right? Must find you when I get back.

10/13/2008 09:42:00 PM  
Blogger NanoTech said...

tak dak fleksibelity punya kerja

5/11/2010 09:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home